Welcome to the 21 Day Meditation Challenge.

Welcome!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Quote of the Day - Thich Nhat Hanh

Can you share with us how mindfulness plays a role in your everyday life?
"Mindfulness makes life beautiful and meaningful. When I am mindful of my in-and-out breath and relax my whole body, I am in touch with how good it is to be alive. I am in touch with my state of health and feel grateful for everything that is going well in my body. Then with mindfulness I can be aware of the beauty of the sky, the smile of the flower, the singing of the birds. I can be deeply in touch with my own suffering and hold it with love and tenderness, rather than suppressing it or running from it. Because I can be truly present for myself, I can be truly present for those I live with, listening deeply to them and speaking words that inspire hope and self-confidence. In this way, I can bring joy to someone each morning and relieve the pain of someone each afternoon."

1 comment:

  1. This coloring is VERY hard to read... the yellow font on burgandy background.

    ReplyDelete